ANU Asia Pacific Week offers a limited number of scholarships to confirmed delegates. These scholarships are means-tested, ensuring that university students from low socio-economic backgrounds are given the opportunity to attend the conference. We cannot guarantee that scholarships granted by the committee will cover the full cost of delegates' airfares and visa. The scholarship is decided by the strength of both delegate and scholarship application.
We do urge our applicants to apply for the scholarship if they are in dire need of financial help and suggest they wait to see if the scholarship offered will cover their travel expenses to the extent they require. The APW committee is committed to helping delegates who are financially disadvantaged to the best of their abilities.
The objective of the scholarship is to
- Award students who demonstrate outstanding academic ability and interest in contributing to Asia-Pacific related discussions and debates
- Ensure that a diverse range of students from low socio-economic backgrounds are given the opportunity to attend the APW Conference
- Is an overseas applicant
- The scholarship is available to students who come from a low socio-economic background who can provide sufficient evidence of financial difficulty
- Can demonstrate a history of excellent academic performance by providing an academic reference
The scholarship will provide a lump sum amount to help with covering some of the costs incurred in flights and visa application.
- Accommodation and food will be covered during the conference for all delegates.
- Applications that do not have a letter of reference attached to them will be automatically disregarded.
- While not mandatory, if applicants wish to further enhance their scholarship application, they can attach further documentation to support their case. These can include an academic transcript or documentation conveying that they are being financially supported by other means (e.g. government/university etc.)
- All scholarship applicants will be notified by April 11 of the outcome
NOTE: If you are a domestic student who requires financial aid, please email the Delegates Coordinators at email@example.com