ANU Asia Pacific Week offers a limited number of scholarships to confirmed delegates. These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit. We cannot guarantee that scholarships granted by the committee will cover the full cost of delegates' airfares and visa. The scholarship is decided by the strength of both delegate and scholarship application.
We do urge our applicants to apply for the scholarship if they are in dire need of financial help and suggest they wait to see if the scholarship offered will cover their travel expenses to the extent they require. The APW committee is committed to helping delegates who are financially disadvantaged to the best of their abilities.
The objective of the scholarship is to
- Award students who demonstrate outstanding academic ability and interest in contributing to Asia-Pacific related discussions and debates
- Ensure that a diverse range of students from low socio-economic backgrounds are given the opportunity to attend the APW Conference
To apply for a scholarship, the following eligibility criteria applies:
- Be a student (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Be an overseas applicant
- Be able to demonstrate a history of excellent academic performance through an academic transcript and letter of recommendation
The scholarship will provide a lump sum amount to help with covering some of the costs incurred in flights and visa application.
- Accommodation and food will be covered during the conference for all delegates.
- Applications that do not have an academic transcript and a letter of recommendation will be automatically disregarded.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified in early May 2019 of the outcome.
NOTE: If you are a domestic student who requires financial aid, please email the Delegates Coordinators at email@example.com.